Monday, August 18, 2008

Another One of Those!!!



Ok, so I am aware that some people do not have much of an opportunity to socialize on a regular basis. I am one of those people to be honest....but here is what I know to be true: no one really enjoys being invited to one of these God forsaken parties that people throw to earn prizes and incentives. And you can't honestly tell me that if you have ever had one of these guilt tripped parties that you made anything worth your while. I feel that I can say this within reason as I used to be a consultant for one major company. I stopped doing this before I even really began because I just couldn't see how it was morally right to have my friends and family have these ridiculous parties that if they were lucky they might earn an incentive that in reality was probably worth next to nothing.

That being said here is the inspiration of this blog: tonight my most favorite cousin ever had one of these wonderful parties. I know how impossible it is to get people to come to these parties mainly because they don't want to feel obligated to buy something. So knowing this I decided that I could participate and hopefully resist the urge to buy products that I really don't need. I called another one of my cousins to ask if she was coming .... I think that she intentionally "forgot" about the party, so I kindly reminded her. We meet at the other cousins house for a night of treats and guilt.

Both myself and the cousin that I reminded ended up buying...hmmm imagine that. There were lots of samples to eat and drink, so that was a bonus...with the exception of the orange dreamsicle drink thing that I personally didn't care. Everyone else thought it was fabulous, I thought if I was going to have to sample this awful drink the least they could do is add alcohol...which I think could have made this party a heck of lot more fun! Love my cousin dearly though. So we sampled and I believe that after each of the drinks I asked what kind of alcohol would go good with this....I am now certain that all of my cousin's 3 friends that felt guilty enough to come now believe me to be a complete lush! OOPS!!! Since they were already believing this I figured it was in my best interest to order 2 of the drink items that would be wonderful with some kind of liquor!!

Now for the reason these parties suck!

1. No matter if you invite a million of your closest friends and family you can be guaranteed that if you are lucky 5 will come. All who come really don't have the money to earn you that delightful product that you really didn't want either.

2. Generally speaking out of the 5 friends/family that you actually get to show up only about 1/2 will order and none will want to host a party to help you earn even more fabulous product.

3. No one really wants to be a consultant for the particular kind of party you are having but it sure seems like a good idea to at least one of your guest who in the end will spend money on products that she will never use and might possibly have 1 party of their own before deciding that this was a ridiculous idea to begin with.

4. By the end of the party "Susie Homemaker" who does this for her full time job....(by the way none of us actually believe you can make enough money doing this to quit your real job) will have driven all of the guest nuts with their crazy excited personality over the crap they are guilting you into buying.

AND LAST BUT CERTAINLY NOT LEAST:

5. CHANCES ARE THAT BUY THE TIME YOU PAY FOR ALL THE PARTY SUPPLIES TO HAVE THE DAMN PARTY YOU WILL END UP IN THE HOLE AND THEN SOME EVEN AFTER YOU TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THE $10.00 YOU EARNED IN PRODUCT BY GUILTING YOUR FRIENDS/FAMILY INTO COMING TO THIS PARTY...YOU WILL SPEND EVERY MINUTE UNTIL YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY GET THEIR PRODUCT WONDERING WHY YOU EVEN BOTHERED!!!

PS. I WANTED TO TAKE THIS TIME TO TELL MY COUSIN YOU ARE WELCOME FOR THE $37.00 I SPENT ON PRODUCTS THAT DON'T COME WITH THE ALCOHOL ADDED...I LOVE YOU ALWAYS AND REMEMBER TO ATTEND MY NEXT GUILT RIDDEN PARTY!

No comments: